Department: Theatre and Dance
Job Title: House Manager
Average hours per week: 8
Specific working hours: Nights and weekends per production calendar
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Duties may include; counting money, preparing various accounting forms in accordance with University policy, transporting and depositing money
- Requires creativity and ability to work independently.
- Routine duties will vary by specific projects.
- May also organize and conduct special events that may include ticket sales, design and produce print publications, gather, interpret and disseminate information
- Assists departments and organizations in providing excellent customer service.
- Assume responsibility for safety of patrons and enforce rules and regulations.
- Responsible for monitoring entrances to buildings in efforts to control access.
- Assists with daily activities, exhibitions and special events.
- Provide customer service in person and over the phone.
- Interest and/or connection to department
- Effectively and efficiently convey and receive information, both formally and informally, using verbal, non-verbal and writing skills amongst various stakeholders.
- Enhance their time management, problem solving and, teamwork skills.
- Understand and apply professional and ethical responsibility.
- Exhibit their understanding of ensuring a safe work environment.
- Develop cognitive and interpersonal skills that are measurable and transferable
- Function as a part of a multidisciplinary team
- Constructively receive and apply professional feedback.
- Develop an understanding of professional cultures and expectations
- Gain supervisory skills by managing the work or time of other student employees.