Department: Residence Life and Housing
Job Title: Office Assistant
Average hours per week: 7.5
Specific working hours: Prefer 2-4 hours at a time
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Assists departments and organizations in providing excellent customer service.
- Typical duties include; filing, typing, sorting, collating, maintaining records, light clerical work, running errands, giving information, receiving and routing telephone calls, scheduling appointments, unpacking materials, assist with mail – sort, process, issue, deliver and load/unload, and operating office equipment
- Provide customer service in person and over the phone.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Year round employment available for local students.
- Effectively and efficiently convey and receive information, both formally and informally, using verbal, non-verbal and writing skills amongst various stakeholders.
- Enhance their time management, problem solving and, teamwork skills
- Develop cognitive and interpersonal skills that are measurable and transferable
- Constructively receive and apply professional feedback
- Demonstrate professional communication skills through writing or editing.
- Develop an understanding of professional cultures and expectations
Additional Information provided by department – Job Duties
- Assist students, parents, and the public with questions at the front desk
- Answer multi-line phone and as needed directs calls to appropriate staff
- Assist with administrative tasks such as filing, data entry, etc.
- Perform other project related tasks as assigned
- Keep their supervisor informed of any situations and issues that occur
- Maintain a professional and respectful attitude at all times
- Additional duties as assigned
- Must have excellent customer service skills on the phone and in person
- Must be able to work with others in a team environment
- Must be able to communicate well with others in both written and verbal form
- Must be able to follow policies and procedures
- Maintain confidentiality as set forth by the department
- Must be able to adhere to assigned work schedules (preference will be given to candidates who can work in at least two-hour blocks)
- Must be a current WFU student in good academic and conduct standing