Department: Museum of Anthropology
Job Title: Student Employee
Average hours per week: 7
Specific working hours:
- Occasional Saturday work (10am-4:30pm shift) required
- Assists with daily activities, exhibitions and special events
- Provide customer service in person and over the phone
- See additional notes from department below
- Enhance their time management, problem solving and, teamwork skills
- Function as a part of a multidisciplinary team
- Develop an understanding of professional cultures and expectations
Additional Notes from Dept:
Museum of Anthropology Student Employee
Description: Primary job responsibilities include staffing the Museum front desk and serving as the first point of contact for museum visitors, assisting with preparations for Museum education programs and public events, assisting with exhibit installation and de-installation, various clerical duties, and other tasks as assigned.
Hours: Approximately 7 hours per week between 9:00am and 4:30pm. Saturday work, in a single shift of 10:00am to 4:30pm, is required at least once a month.
Requirements: Ability to work independently, ability to follow written and verbal directions, strong communication skills, basic computer skills. Ability to carry at least 25 lbs., Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time. Interest in anthropology and/or museum work is preferred. Comfortable staffing a public space alone.