Department: Hanes Art Gallery
Job Title: Gallery Assistant
Average hours per week: 8
Specific working hours: 10am-5pm on weekdays / 1-5pm on weekends
- Requires creativity and ability to work independently.
- Routine duties will vary by specific projects.
- Assists departments and organizations with marketing and distributing various publicity/promotional items.
- May also organize and conduct special events that may include ticket sales, design and produce print publications, gather, interpret and disseminate information.
- Assists departments and organizations in providing excellent customer service.
- Typical duties include; filing, typing, sorting, collating, maintaining records, light clerical work, running errands, giving information, receiving and routing telephone calls, scheduling appointments, unpacking materials, assist with mail – sort, process, issue, deliver and load/unload, and operating office equipment.
- Assume responsibility for safety of patrons and enforce rules and regulations.
- Responsible for monitoring entrances to buildings in efforts to control access.
- Assists with daily activities, exhibitions and special events.
- Provide customer service in person and over the phone.
- Interest and/or connection to department
- Enhance their time management, problem solving and, teamwork skills
- Develop practical competence through obtaining experience relating to their degree
- Understand and apply professional and ethical responsibility
- Exhibit their understanding of ensuring a safe work environment