Department: Facility & Campus Services
Job Title: Assistant Waste Diversion Coordinator
Average hours per week: 10
Specific working hours: Monday, Fridays, and some weekends
- Requires creativity and ability to work independently.
- Routine duties will vary by specific projects.
- Interest and/or connection to department
- May conduct research, check bibliographic information, proofreading, and indexing.
- Year round employment available for local students
- Understand and apply professional and ethical responsibility
- Exhibit their understanding of ensuring a safe work environment
- Constructively receive and apply professional feedback
Additional Information from Department:
This position will be available through Facilities and Campus Services (F&CS) and will work directly with the office of Waste Reduction and Recycling. The position requires the ability to drive a golf cart, lift up to 30 lbs, and handle compost/organic waste.
- Compost Collection: (2 hours per week) Compost collection from Subway and Office buildings. The Student will be required to collect organic waste/compost from different offices and dining locations and bring the waste to the Reynolda loading dock. **Student must be able to drive golf carts.
- Documenting recycling receptacles (2-3 hours per week): The student will be required to document location of trash and recycling receptacles at individual buildings and make a google form map proposing additional recycling bins.
- Pilot Expansion (Hours vary): The student will be required to assist with expansion of a paper towel compost collection pilot
- (Optional) Research (3 hours per week) The student will assist with research on Sustainability, waste reduction/diversion, and recycling.
- Event assistance (Hours vary): The student will be required to assist with game day events by monitoring recycling bins, compost bins, and handing out recycling bags