Job Title: Technical Writing Specialist
Average hours per week: 10
Specific working hours: na
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills
- Requires creativity and ability to work independently
- See below for more specific job duties
- Effectively and efficiently convey and receive information, both formally and informally, using verbal, non-verbal and writing skills amongst various stakeholders
- Demonstrate professional communication skills through writing or editing.
- Constructively receive and apply professional feedback
Additional Information from Department:
The Department of Engineering, located at Wake Downtown, seeks student assistants to support technical writing assignments across the curriculum. Technical Writing Specialists will develop technical writing modules to present to engineering classes, offer office hours to provide technical writing feedback, conduct technical writing consultation sessions with engineering students, etc. We seek creative and motivated students who take initiative to share ideas to enhance technical writing knowledge and skills across the Department.
The Department of Engineering is the anchor program at the new Wake Downtown campus, located in Wake Forest’s Innovation Quarter in downtown Winston-Salem. Wake Downtown opened its doors in January 2017 and is a splendid canvas upon which to design and build a world-renowned engineering program. In the nation, we are the only BS Engineering program (undergraduate students only), grounded in the liberal arts at a research university. This unique combination not only defines who we are, but defines our unique characteristics. Our students will graduate with a BS in Engineering and have an exemplary undergraduate experience infused with the liberal arts.