Department: Campus Recreation
Job Title: Facility Attendant
Average hours per week: 6
Specific working hours: nights/mornings/weekends all required and eligible to scheduled
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Related experience and/or fitness related continuing education is desirable.
- Assist community with Fitness needs.
- Work in a variety of recreation/athletic settings both indoor and outdoor facilities.
- Assume responsibility for safety of patrons and enforce rules and regulations.
- Responsible for monitoring entrances to buildings in efforts to control access.
- Assists with daily activities, exhibitions and special events.
- Explain, exhibit and enforce safety rules and regulations governing sports, recreational activities, and the use of exercise equipment
- Provide customer service in person and over the phone.
- Year round employment available for local students.
- Enhance their time management, problem solving and, teamwork skills
- Exhibit their understanding of ensuring a safe work environment
- Develop cognitive and interpersonal skills that are measurable and transferable
- Function as a part of a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrate knowledge of and rationale for departmental safety regulations and proper use of equipment.
- Develop an understanding of professional cultures and expectations