Job Title: Lab Assistant
Average hours per week: 6
Specific working hours: Typically, 1 hour per day or every other day (in coordination with another student) as well as some weekend times.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Interest and/or connection to department
- No experience required – Will train
- Must be able to carry 4-8 liter tanks and use a stepladder on occasion.
- Effectively and efficiently convey and receive information, both formally and informally, using verbal, non-verbal and writing skills amongst various stakeholders.
- Enhance their time management, problem solving and, teamwork skills
- Develop practical competence through obtaining experience relating to their degree,
- Develop cognitive and interpersonal skills that are measurable and transferable
- Function as a part of a multidisciplinary team
- Develop professional contacts
- Constructively receive and apply professional feedback
- Develop an understanding of professional cultures and expectations