Department: Art Department
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Average hours per week: 10
Specific working hours: flexible but will need to coordinate coverage between other student
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Requires creativity and ability to work independently.
- Routine duties will vary by specific projects.
- Assists departments and organizations with marketing and distributing various publicity/promotional items.
- May also organize and conduct special events that may include ticket sales, design and produce print publications, gather, interpret and disseminate information.
- Assists departments and organizations in providing excellent customer service.
- Typical duties include; filing, typing, sorting, collating, maintaining records, light clerical work, running errands, giving information, receiving and routing telephone calls, scheduling appointments, unpacking materials, assist with mail – sort, process, issue, deliver and load/unload, and operating office equipment.;
- May proctor and grade tests, keep records, arrange equipment, and distribute materials for instructional and departmental purposes.
- Provide customer service in person and over the phone.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- May conduct research, check bibliographic information, proofreading, and indexing.
- Create content calendars, develop and distribute text and video-based content, monitor social media channels and support promotional and marketing efforts.
- Effectively and efficiently convey and receive information, both formally and informally, using verbal, non-verbal and writing skills amongst various stakeholders
- Enhance their time management, problem solving and, teamwork skills
- Demonstrate professional communication skills through writing or editing
Additional Information from Department:
- Prefer an Art History or Studio Art Major/Minor
- Administrative experience
- Research experience
- Commitment & promptness
- Keeping office/breakroom clean & tidy
- Help maintain copier and other office equipment
- Various administrative tasks
- Assist in faculty research projects
- Scan and make copies for faculty
- Create & distribute posters for Art Department Guest Speakers
- Distribute mail
- Remove outdated posters around the building