Department: University Police
Job Title: Office Assistant
Average hours per week: 10
Specific working hours: Specific hours during university day operating hours (8:30 am – 5:00 pm)
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Requires creativity and ability to work independently.
- Routine duties will vary by specific projects.
- Assists departments and organizations with marketing and distributing various publicity/promotional items.
- May also organize and conduct special events that may include ticket sales, design and produce print publications, gather, interpret and disseminate information.
- Assists departments and organizations in providing excellent customer service.
- Typical duties include; filing, typing, sorting, collating, maintaining records, light clerical work, running errands, giving information, receiving and routing telephone calls, scheduling appointments, unpacking materials, assist with mail – sort, process, issue, deliver and load/unload, and operating office equipment.
- Operates and maintains high speed machines involved with printing, binding, photocopies, duplicating, etc
- Cleans, maintains, and runs printing equipment.
- Provide customer service in person and over the phone.
- Interest and/or connection to department
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Effectively and efficiently convey and receive information, both formally and informally, using verbal, non-verbal and writing skills amongst various stakeholders.
- Enhance their time management, problem solving and, teamwork skills
- Understand and apply professional and ethical responsibility
- Develop professional contacts
- Demonstrate professional communication skills through writing or editing.
- Develop an understanding of professional cultures and expectations
Additional Information from Department:
Will provide customer service and administrative support to the University Police Department; support all front desk operations, perform data entry and analytics, research for various projects; assist with event set-up and break down; create and post marketing flyers around campus, and other general office assistance and administrative support as directed.