Department: University Advancement
Job Title: Phonathon Student Caller
Average hours per week: 6 ( not limited to this during summer)
Specific working hours: Sunday-Wednesday 6-9pm and additional day shift Sunday 2-5pm
- Currently enrolled student at Wake Forest University
- Fluent English speaker with excellent communication skills
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Personable and comfortable speaking with strangers on the phone
- Comfortable soliciting donations and processing credit card information
- Availability to work at least 2 shifts a week
- Starting pay of $8.25 an hour with performance-based raises and bonuses available each semester.
- Build your own schedule each semester.
- Work on campus and get all University breaks off automatically.
- Work with other students in a fun and laid-back atmosphere.
- Build your resume and learn negotiation, excellent communication, and many other practical skills that translate across all job fields, along with great networking opportunities when calling for the Business School, Law School, Medical School, etc
- Opportunities for advancement – Experienced students can work as Supervisors.
Student callers use automated computer software and a headset to reach alumni, parents, and friends of Wake Forest over the phone. Callers are expected to update contact information for each prospect. Callers should also build rapport and answer any questions about the University. Callers will educate prospects about the Wake Forest Annual Fund and explain the importance of supporting the Annual Fund. Callers must remain courteous and friendly at all times. They will handle confidential information and must be trustworthy and reliable, as they will be soliciting donations. All students are required to work a minimum of two shifts each week.