Department: University Advancement : Family Engagement
Job Title: Family Engagement Student Worker
Average hours per week: 5
Specific working hours: N/A
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills
- Routine duties will vary by specific projects
- May also organize and conduct special events that may include ticket sales, design and produce print publications, gather, interpret and disseminate information.
- Assists departments and organizations in providing excellent customer service.
- Typical duties include; filing, typing, sorting, collating, maintaining records, light clerical work, running errands, giving information, receiving and routing telephone calls, scheduling appointments, unpacking materials, assist with mail – sort, process, issue, deliver and load/unload, and operating office equipment
- Provide customer service in person and over the phone.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Year round employment available for local students.
- Effectively and efficiently convey and receive information, both formally and informally, using verbal, non-verbal and writing skills amongst various stakeholders
- Enhance their time management, problem solving and, teamwork skills
- Demonstrate professional communication skills through writing or editing
- Develop an understanding of professional cultures and expectations