Program in Health Services Research
Division of Public Health Sciences
Wake Forest School of Medicine
The Program in Health Services Research is research group in the Wake Forest School of Medicine that conducts research in evaluation of impact of health policy and clinical interventions, with a focus on health disparities. We are looking for a research assistant (10 to 20 hours/week) to perform data processing and statistical/econometric analyses on a variety of research projects led by Dr. Amresh Hanchate and involving a multidisciplinary team of researchers from health economics, health services research, medicine, epidemiology, biostatistics, psychology and geography. A major part of the job will be to write data processing and statistical analysis code using Stata programming language. Prior knowledge of Stata is not necessary, but a background or strong interest in learning to code is necessary. Projects involve use of large databases of healthcare utilization and health surveys (Medicare, AHRQ and CDC) and application of advanced statistical/econometric models to assess policy impact. Successful RAs will have the opportunity to collaborate in the writing on the research findings for publication in peer reviewed journals.
While some of the work may be done remotely, we expect the RA to be available at our downtown offices (at 525 Vine Street).
Preferred start date is February 15, 2022 or later. The hourly pay is $10 to $15 per hour.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Maria Swanson (email@example.com)
- Current undergraduate student (economics, statistics, computer science, math or any field with a quantitative background).
- Student in any year will be considered, but preference will be given to those who can commit to a longer duration on the job.
- Background and interest in policy or health-related disciplines (e.g., economics) will be a plus.
- Well organized, detail oriented and extremely careful.
- Good oral and written communication skills, and ability to work effectively in teams
- Ability to work on multiple projects and prioritize work to meet all needs on a timely basis.
- Prior experience with similar responsibilities will be a plus.
- Under the direction of the Principal Investigator, assist in research data processing and statistical analyses.
- Document and track activities in a consistent and organized manner.
- Participate in team meeting and present findings.
- Assist in research study (literature review; online searches)