Job Description: Sunday Morning Childcare Worker
Purpose: The purpose of a childcare worker is to provide a loving, educational, safe, and Christ-like environment for children (ages – birth to 5) during Worship Sunday mornings (10:30am-12:00pm). (There is also the possibility of working more hours during Sunday evening events, Wednesday evening events, special church events during holidays, and other occasions based on applicant’s availability.)
- Provide a safe, clean, attractive, orderly, loving and Christ-centered environment
- Greet children and care givers upon their arrival at the classroom door.
- Insure the safety and welfare of the children.
- Know the Emergency plans posted in the classroom
- Use appropriate, consistent and positive discipline.
- Know and follow the policies and procedures of Ardmore Baptist Church
- Maintain CPR/First Aid Certification.
- Report to the Children’s Minister illnesses, accidents or serious problems children encounter while at church.
- Assist in bathroom/diaper changes as needed.
- Be aware of food allergies
- Communicate openly with fellow co-workers.
- Assist in properly cleaning the classroom each day.
- Notify the Childcare Coordinator if you are going to be out as soon as possible.
- A high school degree is required: further education is preferred.
- Experience working with children is preferred
- A Christian who is like-minded in faith is preferred
- A love for children and to be able to relate to all children and their needs.
- Must be able to function as a team member with co-workers and the Ardmore Baptist Church Staff.
- Must be in good, agile health.
- Must have a working knowledge of first aid.
- Must be patient and flexible with the concept of shared church space.
- Ability to relate positively to children and adults.
- Evidence of emotional maturity and stability.
- Ability to handle crisis situations
Complete employment application (https://tinyurl.com/y4mo5xa8) and return to:
501 Miller Street
Winston-Salem, NC 27103