Department: Z. Smith Reynolds Library
Job Title: Student Assistant
Average hours per week: 6
Specific working hours: All hours the library is open
- Requires creativity and ability to work independently.
- Assists departments and organizations in providing excellent customer service.
- Responsible for monitoring entrances to buildings in efforts to control access.
- Assists with daily activities, exhibitions and special events.
- Provide customer service in person and over the phone.
- May conduct research, check bibliographic information, proofreading, and indexing.
- Responsible for checking in and out A/V equipment and maintaining database records around inventory.
- No experience required – Will train.
- Effectively and efficiently convey and receive information, both formally and informally, using verbal, non-verbal and writing skills amongst various stakeholders.
- Enhance their time management, problem solving and, teamwork skills
- Develop practical competence through obtaining experience relating to their degree
- Understand and apply professional and ethical responsibility
Additional Information from Department:
Generic job description for ZSR. Students may be assigned in any one of several positions across the library.
Students in the ZSR Library may be assigned to work in a variety of operations across the library. From working in customer service jobs at the circulation desk, answering questions about library services remotely via email, chat or text, scanning documents to make them available online, or preparing newly received books for the shelves. Newly hired students will participate in a job fair before placement to identify the location that fits their schedules, skills, and interests.