Department: Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Average hours per week: 9
Specific working hours: N/A
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills
- Requires creativity and ability to work independently
- Routine duties will vary by specific projects
- Assists departments and organizations with marketing and distributing various publicity/promotional items
- May also organize and conduct special events that may include ticket sales, design and produce print publications, gather, interpret and disseminate information
- Assists departments and organizations in providing excellent customer service
- Typical duties include; filing, typing, sorting, collating, maintaining records, light clerical work, running errands, giving information, receiving and routing telephone calls, scheduling appointments, unpacking materials, assist with mail – sort, process, issue, deliver and load/unload, and operating office equipment
- Operates and maintains high speed machines involved with printing, binding, photocopies, duplicating, etc,
- Provide customer service in person and over the phone.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Create content calendars, develop and distribute text and video-based content, monitor social media channels and support promotional and marketing efforts.
- Effectively and efficiently convey and receive information, both formally and informally, using verbal, non-verbal and writing skills amongst various stakeholders
- Enhance their time management, problem solving and, teamwork skills
- Develop cognitive and interpersonal skills that are measurable and transferable
- Demonstrate professional communication skills through writing or editing.