Department: Theatre and Dance
Job Title: Sound & Lighting Technician
Average hours per week: 10
Specific working hours: n/a
- Assist lighting and sound faculty with equipment maintenance, including moving lights, intercom, etc.
- Assists with load-ins, tech, changeovers, and load-outs of lighting and sound equipment for Main Stage productions and Dance concerts
- Assists in training student lighting and sound board operators and other student run crew
- Oversees routine maintenance during show runs, including but not limited to speaker functionality, lighting fixture lamps, etc
- Requires creativity and ability to work independently.
- Familiarity with ETC EOS lighting consoles and Behringer/Midas X32 digital audio consoles preferred, but not required. On-site training provided.
- Positive work ethic, desire to learn
- Able to work at heights
- Able to lift 50 lbs
- Routine duties will vary by specific projects.
- Interest and/or connection to department
- No experience required – Will train.
- Training will be provided including fly rail operation, and equipment fluency
- Troubleshooting lighting, sound, and intercom equipment in a fast-paced environment
- Enhance their time management, problem solving and, teamwork skills
- Develop practical competence through obtaining experience relating to their degree
- Understand and apply professional and ethical responsibility
- Exhibit their understanding of ensuring a safe work environment
- Constructively receive and apply professional feedback
- Demonstrate knowledge of and rationale for departmental safety regulations and proper use of equipment.
- Develop an understanding of professional cultures and expectations