Department: Theatre and Dance
Job Title: Box Office Assistant
Average hours per week: 7
Specific working hours: Tuesday-Friday 1-5, nights and weekends per production calendar
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Duties may include; counting money, preparing various accounting forms in accordance with University policy, transporting and depositing money.
- Typical duties include; filing, typing, sorting, collating, maintaining records, light clerical work, running errands, giving information, receiving and routing telephone calls, scheduling appointments, unpacking materials, assist with mail – sort, process, issue, deliver and load/unload, and operating office equipment.
- May also organize and conduct special events that may include ticket sales, design and produce print publications, gather, interpret and disseminate information
- Assists with daily activities, exhibitions and special events.
- Assists departments and organizations in providing excellent customer service
- No experience required – Will train.
- Effectively and efficiently convey and receive information, both formally and informally, using verbal, non-verbal and writing skills amongst various stakeholders.
- Develop cognitive and interpersonal skills that are measurable and transferable
- Develop an understanding of professional cultures and expectations