Job Title: Student Assistant
Average hours per week: 10
Specific working hours: We welcome students assistants at any point during the normal work day, but have a particular interest in the 12pm to 5pm range
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Routine duties will vary by specific projects.
- Assists departments and organizations with marketing and distributing various publicity/promotional items.
- Assists departments and organizations in providing excellent customer service.
- Typical duties include; filing, typing, sorting, collating, maintaining records, light clerical work, running errands, giving information, receiving and routing telephone calls, scheduling appointments, unpacking materials, assist with mail – sort, process, issue, deliver and load/unload, and operating office equipment.
- Assists with daily activities, exhibitions and special events.
- Provide customer service in person and over the phone.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- No experience required – Will train.
- Effectively and efficiently convey and receive information, both formally and informally, using verbal, non-verbal and writing skills amongst various stakeholders.
- Understand and apply professional and ethical responsibility
- Function as a part of a multidisciplinary team
- Develop professional contacts