Department: OPCD- Employer Relations
Job Title: Career Assistant
Average hours per week: 9
Specific working hours: 8:30-5 with occasional evening hours
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Requires creativity and ability to work independently.
- Routine duties will vary by specific projects.
- Assists departments and organizations with marketing and distributing various publicity/promotional items.
- Assists departments and organizations in providing excellent customer service.
- Typical duties include; filing, typing, sorting, collating, maintaining records, light clerical work, running errands, giving information, receiving and routing telephone calls, scheduling appointments, unpacking materials, assist with mail – sort, process, issue, deliver and load/unload, and operating office equipment.
- Responsible for monitoring entrances to buildings in efforts to control access.
- Assists with daily activities, exhibitions and special events.
- Provide customer service in person and over the phone.
- Interest and/or connection to department
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- May conduct research, check bibliographic information, proofreading, and indexing.
- Create content calendars, develop and distribute text and video-based content, monitor social media channels and support promotional and marketing efforts.
- No experience required – Will train.
- Effectively and efficiently convey and receive information, both formally and informally, using verbal, non-verbal and writing skills amongst various stakeholders.
- Understand and apply professional and ethical responsibility
- Develop cognitive and interpersonal skills that are measurable and transferable
- Function as a part of a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrate professional communication skills through writing or editing.
- Constructively receive and apply professional feedback
- Develop an understanding of professional cultures and expectations