Department: Math & Stats
Job Title: Student Worker
Average hours per week: 10
Specific working hours:
- Between 11am-5pm
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Routine duties will vary by specific projects.
- Assists departments and organizations with marketing and distributing various publicity/promotional items.
- Assists departments and organizations in providing excellent customer service.
- Typical duties include; filing, typing, sorting, collating, maintaining records, light clerical work, running errands, giving information, receiving and routing telephone calls, scheduling appointments, unpacking materials, assist with mail – sort, process, issue, deliver and load/unload, and operating office equipment.
- Operates and maintains high speed machines involved with printing, binding, photocopies, duplicating, etc
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Effectively and efficiently convey and receive information, both formally and informally, using verbal, non-verbal and writing skills amongst various stakeholders.
- Enhance their time management, problem solving and, teamwork skills
- Function as a part of a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrate professional communication skills through writing or editing.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and rationale for departmental safety regulations and proper use of equipment.
- Develop an understanding of professional cultures and expectations