Department: Math & Stats Center
Job Title: Welcome Desk Worker
Average hours per week: 10
Specific working hours:
- Center open : M-Th 11-5 & 6-9 and Fri 11-2
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Assists departments and organizations in providing excellent customer service.
- No experience required – Will train.
- These students will be responsible for greeting students and tutors as they enter The Math & Stats Center, checking in students and tutors, answering questions, assigning walk-ins to tutors, setting up and straightening up, maintaining check in records and communicating the the Director and the Math & Stats Center TA.
- We plan to be mostly in-person in the fall. But, there may be some virtual operations as well.
- Welcome desk tutors need to be able to work at least one weekday evening.
- Effectively and efficiently convey and receive information, both formally and informally, using verbal, non-verbal and writing skills amongst various stakeholders
- Develop an understanding of professional cultures and expectations