Job Title: Communications Specialist
Average hours per week: 10
Specific working hours: na
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills
- Requires creativity and ability to work independently
- See below for more specific job duties
- Effectively and efficiently convey and receive information, both formally and informally, using verbal, non-verbal and writing skills amongst various stakeholders
- Demonstrate professional communication skills through writing or editing.
Additional Information from Department:
The Department of Engineering, located at Wake Downtown, seeks student assistants to support communications activities in the promotion of the department, student activities, student spotlights, faculty spotlights, newsletter preparation, marketing materials, etc. Communication Specialists will also support website update, social media accounts, and event flyers. We seek creative and motivated students who take initiative to share ideas to enhance communications within the Department and promote the Department to external constituents.
The Department of Engineering is the anchor program at the new Wake Downtown campus, located in Wake Forest’s Innovation Quarter in downtown Winston-Salem. Wake Downtown opened its doors in January 2017 and is a splendid canvas upon which to design and build a world-renowned engineering program. In the nation, we are the only BS Engineering program (undergraduate students only), grounded in the liberal arts at a research university. This unique combination not only defines who we are, but defines our unique characteristics. Our students will graduate with a BS in Engineering and have an exemplary undergraduate experience infused with the liberal arts.