Department: Campus Programs and Services
Job Title: Fireside on Manchester/Outdoor Initiatives
Average hours per week: 10
Specific working hours: Daytime and nighttime shifts, also weekends available
- Routine duties will vary by specific projects.
- Assists departments and organizations in providing excellent customer service.
- Assume responsibility for safety of patrons and enforce rules and regulations.
- Year round employment available for local students.
- No experience required – Will train.
- Effectively and efficiently convey and receive information, both formally and informally, using verbal, non-verbal and writing skills amongst various stakeholders.
- Enhance their time management, problem solving and, teamwork skills
- Demonstrate knowledge of and rationale for departmental safety regulations and proper use of equipment.
Additional Information from Department:
Our newest space, Fireside on Manchester, provides a unique outdoor gathering opportunity for students, faculty and staff. Student employees maintain the outdoor fire pits and monitor for safety. They also work on our other outdoor initiative, the Biederman Project. The Biederman Project includes our game carts, outdoor piano and other equipment designed to encourage stress relief!