Job Title: Lab Assistant
Average hours per week: 6
Specific working hours: Daily time commitment desired (1 per hour day) with some weekend times occasionally.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Interest and/or connection to department
- No experience required – Will train
- Undergraduate assistant will be a committed animal caretaker for the growing axolotl salamanders at Wake Downtown. This includes daily feeding of animals, harvesting brine shrimp food, cleaning animal receptacles/spaces, and performing daily room logs.
- Must be able to carry 4-8 liter tanks and use a stepladder on occasion.
- Location(s) of the Work: Wake Downtown Room(s) 2901/2804
- Enhance their time management, problem solving and, teamwork skills
- Function as a part of a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrate knowledge of and rationale for departmental safety regulations and proper use of equipment.