Department: Equipment Services
Job Title: Equipment Student Manager #2
Average hours per week: 20
Specific working hours: Hours are based on specific team schedules, which will include weekends.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Requires creativity and ability to work independently.
- Routine duties will vary by specific projects.
- Assists departments and organizations in providing excellent customer service.
- Typical duties include; filing, typing, sorting, collating, maintaining records, light clerical work, running errands, giving information, receiving and routing telephone calls, scheduling appointments, unpacking materials, assist with mail – sort, process, issue, deliver and load/unload, and operating office equipment.
- Work in a variety of recreation/athletic settings both indoor and outdoor facilities.
- Provide customer service in person and over the phone.
- Interest and/or connection to department
- Year round employment available for local students.
- No experience required – Will train.
- Managerial duties with assigned athletic teams
- Enhance their time management, problem solving and, teamwork skills
- Understand and apply professional and ethical responsibility
- Exhibit their understanding of ensuring a safe work environment
- Function as a part of a multidisciplinary team
- Develop professional contacts
- Constructively receive and apply professional feedback
- Demonstrate knowledge of and rationale for departmental safety regulations and proper use of equipment.
- Develop an understanding of professional cultures and expectations