Department: Art Department – Drawing Studio/Social Media
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Average hours per week: 7
Specific working hours: flexible
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Requires creativity and ability to work independently.
- Assists departments and organizations with marketing and distributing various publicity/promotional items.
- May also organize and conduct special events that may include ticket sales, design and produce print publications, gather, interpret and disseminate information.
- Interest and/or connection to department
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Create content calendars, develop and distribute text and video-based content, monitor social media channels and support promotional and marketing efforts.
- Effectively and efficiently convey and receive information, both formally and informally, using verbal, non-verbal and writing skills amongst various stakeholders
- Demonstrate professional communication skills through writing or editing.
Additional Information from Department:
This job requires many skills and abilities that go beyond most work-study job descriptions such as:
– gathering and organizing information
– writing for a specific media channel
– skills with visual communication
– identifying visual materials to represent the Art Department (and considering aesthetics and “brand”)
– interest and connection to the Art Department as a major
– writing news/ current event stories for the Art Department website and social media
– generating a story/post at least once every two weeks, and maybe more frequently
– along with faculty and staff, may identify news stories especially relevant to students
– gathering information and conducting interviews potentially with faculty, staff, students, and alumni
– identifying, arranging and collecting images, photography, or video to accompany news stories
– possibly editing images for posting on the site
– potentially designing some posters for events in the Art Department
– likely working directly with the site to post/upload stories
– promoting Art Department events, through writing for social media and potentially designing visual communications/posters