Job Title: Student Worker
Average hours per week: 5
Specific working hours: n/a – check with department
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Requires creativity and ability to work independently.
- Routine duties will vary by specific projects.
- Assists departments and organizations with marketing and distributing various publicity/promotional items.
- May also organize and conduct special events that may include ticket sales, design and produce print publications, gather, interpret and disseminate information.
- Typical duties include; filing, typing, sorting, collating, maintaining records, light clerical work, running errands, giving information, receiving and routing telephone calls, scheduling appointments, unpacking materials, assist with mail – sort, process, issue, deliver and load/unload, and operating office equipment.
- Assists with daily activities, exhibitions and special events.
- Provide customer service in person and over the phone.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Effectively and efficiently convey and receive information, both formally and informally, using verbal, non-verbal and writing skills amongst various stakeholders.
- Enhance their time management, problem solving and, teamwork skills
- Understand and apply professional and ethical responsibility
- Develop cognitive and interpersonal skills that are measurable and transferable
- Demonstrate professional communication skills through writing or editing.
- Constructively receive and apply professional feedback
- Develop an understanding of professional cultures and expectations